The tournament began on Saturday, March 30 2019, of course, many months of planning went into this esports production including venue scouting. Ultimately, we settled on the The Castle at Park Plaza in Boston, MA. This was the perfect venue as it was situated only a couple miles from the Boston Convention Center which was also holding PAX 2019 at the same time.
PAX (Penny Arcade Expo) is one of the largest consumer trade shows in the world and perfect opportunity for eSports companies to showcase their brand. The Castle boasts 14,642 square feet of event space, giving us plenty of opportunity to design and fabricate the perfect eSports tournament for the eMLS eSports Cup.
In order to fabricate the perfect eSports tournament, we first need to create all of the 3D designs within the space so the client can effectively understand all the elements of their esports activation. With several key areas including the anchor desk for live broadcasting, gaming pods for main stage battles, retail sales, photo activations, etc.
Several pieces were customized for this eSports Production. As a turnkey event and exhibit house, we can custom fabricate all types of counters, tables, displays, etc. as well as create experiential activations to get your audience engaged. Some of the custom elements we fabricated include:
- Custom eSports anchor desk for live broadcasting included an abstract shape with LED lighting, stand off logo, lockable storage, and chain link fencing around the perimeter. The chain link of course pays tribute to aesthetic associated with many soccer fields
- An eSports event wouldn’t be complete without gaming stations. The main stage was the focus and our eMLS players deserved a home-base as worthy as their game play. The “pods” were fabricated with a gloss laminate, recessed ambient lit acrylic, etc.
The eMLS Cup Event
The exports event is catered to the fans with plenty of activities for all to enjoy. Activities included:
- Live audience for the eMLS Cup live-stream broadcasting
- Assorted food and beverages
- Customizable eMLS x Playstation x PAX East soccer jerseys were fabricated on site
- PAX East 2019 exclusive eMLS merchandise
- Photo opportunities included a personalized FIFI Ultimate Team (FUT) cards
- 19 open-play FIFA stations for attendees
- Free shuttles from PAX East to The Castle
Other important elements to the overall esports production of the event include:
- Live broadcasting with all the necessary equipment (booms, mixers, internet, etc.)
- A/V lighting (par cans, moving LED’s, fog machine geysers, etc.)
eSports production companies operate in a fashion that blends the lines of many other experiential marketing events. Product launch parties, pop-up shops and a huge dose of exhibit fabrication all play a role in esports events. We find our unique range of products and services lends itself well in the esports world and look forward to evolving with the industry and the exciting clients that call eSports home.